Re: [TEST] make -j patch [take 2]

From: <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:54:57 +0100
Zitat von Harti Brandt <harti_at_freebsd.org>:

> PK>>If yes: we have some ports which aren't -j safe, so this would violate
> PK>>POLA.
> PK>
> PK>That is what "make -B" is for.
>
> Or .NOTPARALLEL

I'm not talking about /usr/ports/category/port/Makefile, I'm talking about
/usr/ports/category/port/work/tarball_dir/**/Makefile. We don't have
control about those Makefiles.

As much as I like a flag in the Makefile of a port which indicates
that a port can't be build with -j, we don't have this and the last time
this topic was discussed there was a strong objection to something like
this.

So this change may break procedures which worked so far.

Bye,
Alexander.