Re: FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 available

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:46:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Scott Long wrote:

> Known issues in this release:
>
> - There are reports of packet corruption with the nge driver when
>   the network stack is run without the Giant mutex.  A fix is
>   being tested.

The new locking code that was committed fixes the issues that I discovered
with the driver. I have stress tested the nge interface with many hundred
of GBs worth of transfers using Robert Watson's tcpstream utility.

My testing indicates that this issue has been fixed since the following
file revisions:
sys/dev/nge/if_nge.c: 1.66
sys/dev/nge/if_ngevar.h: 1.10

Regards,