RE: Packet passing performance study on exotic hardware.

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:20:40 -0400

Daniel> David Gilbert wrote:
>> Right out of the box, FreeBSD 5.3 (with polling) passed about 200
>> kpps.

Daniel> Was this with debug.mpsafenet enabled and all debugging
Daniel> (WITNESS and such) turned off?

mpsafenet on and all witness and other junk off.  I b elieve this to
be default in BETA4 anyways, but I remember reading about mpsafenet
and checking it.  I'm positive that WITNESS is off as are INVARIANTS.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |