Re: WIP: Makefile target to remove old base system files

From: Freddie Cash <fcash_at_ocis.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:05:10 -0700
On October 8, 2004 03:46 am,
class_consulting.leidinger_at_daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> I don't want to rehash old discussions on this topic. I'm working on
> an implementation and if there's no interest in importing it into
> src/ I will keep it for my own pleasure. But I need a list of base
> system files for each release (or a list of removed files beween each
> release). I remember from previous discussions on this topic that
> there are file lists somewhere, but I haven't found the right
> keywords for google.

> Anybody out there with the right keywords, an URL, or some file
> lists?

Check the How-To forum on http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/ for a couple
threads on this subject.  You'll find attached to one of these threads
a script that builds the list of files affected by each of the NO_*
variables in make.conf.  That should be useful for this project.

--
Freddie Cash
fcash_at_ocis.net