Re: dhclient trashes my resolv.conf

From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann_at_ans-netz.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:14:09 +0200
David O'Brien wrote:

> "domain-name-servers" is one of the knobs want to tweak.

So, there is a supersede, default, append and prepend statement, but
nothing like "ignore". So that means, I've to configure my resolv.conf
through dhclient.conf? How do I configure "options timeout:10" through
dhclient.conf? And you allways must keep in mind to sync resolv.conf
changed to your dhclient.conf. What, if my pppd modifies my resolv.conf?
dhclient would kick that change away, right? I think there must sth. like
a "don't rm -f my resolv.conf, it's not windows here!" configure switch
somewhere like pppd has.
It took me some time figuring wat happend first time to detect what killed
my resolv.conf (at 1st I had problems with sshing to the system because
reverse DNS for 10/8 didn't worked any longer). I just commented the
function calls in dhclient-script out, but that will be lost with my next
make installworld.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/