Re: BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:44:10 +0400
On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:33:27PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
M> > PPPoE works just fine. The only difference from yours is that I run it
M> > between two PCs over crossover patchcord.
M>
M> Good. When I wrote that amendment to PR #69133, I'd verified that the

Not good, since the error is difficult to reproduce.
What exact model do you have?

M> problem is not with the modem: I'd also used a 2nd PC with crossover
M> cable, in my case the 2nd PC ran FreeBSD 4-STABLE or -RELEASE (don't
M> recall) with an Intel network interface card of the fxp(4) kind.

Same thing. I'm testing over crossover cable with fxp(4) on remote
side.

M> FreeBSD 5-CURRENT, the xl(4) machine, started to lose packets as soon as
M> I'd typed "ifconfig fxp0 media 10baseT/UTP" on the FreeBSD 4 machine,
M> and things came back to normal if I either reverted the FreeBSD 4
M> machine to autonegotiate or hardwired the FreeBSD 5 mmachine to the same
M> speed and duplex setting.

This problem is out of my scope. We are working on problems with PPPoE on
xl driver.

M> If you want a pppoe server to run a PPPoE test, net/rp-pppoe has a
M> pppoed that works. I can't give offhand details on how to run the PPPoE
M> server, I've forgotten, and I'll be off my computer until around 23:00
M> UTC now.

I successfully run pppoed+ng_pppoe and connect using ng_pppoe+ppp.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE