5.3-BETA3 and up acpi fails with ABIT BH-6 motherboard

From: None <imachine_at_lazir.toya.net.pl>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:16:35 +0200
hello,

since BETA3 of 5.3 enabling acpi hard locks my machine on boot.

here is the exact message jotted down on paper from the boot screen:

Fatal trap 12:		page fault while in kernel mode

fault virtual address	=	0x24
fault code 		=	supervisor read, page not present
instruction provider	=	0x8:0xc04e35d6
stack pointer		=	0x10:0xc0c2198c
frame pointer		=	0x10:0xc0c2198c
code segment		=	base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b /or 0x16/
			=	DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	=	interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL:0
current process		=	0 (swapper)
trap number		=	12

panic: page fault

Uptime <some random bullshit here, 1s say>

shutting down ACPI

i attach my dmesg without acpi on beta5 /its broken since beta3, i
unfrotunately have no longer sources for beta2 so cannot reproduce any
messages/, and also i attach some info here from the dmesg with acpi
enabled on beta5 - mainly the acpi0 info from it.

it reads:

acpi0: <ABIT AWRDACPI>
acpi0: reservation at f00000, 40000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation at f00000, 7ef0000 (3) failed

the second value im not too sure on <the 7ef0000> cuz it scrolls really
fast - i videocammed the boot process :D and still searched it but i
cannot really read clearly the info of the small screen on the camera,
its a really oldskool one :]

cheers i hope it helps solving some problems :]]

//imachine