Re: WIP: /etc/rc.d/xdm RCORDER problems

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:19:12 +0200
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:38:26 +0200, Jose M Rodriguez
<josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:16:30 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas
> <keramida_at_linux.gr> wrote:
>
>> On 2004-09-27 14:50, Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es> wrote:
>>> I have now a working /etc/rc.d/xdm script for booting
>>> Xorg(XDMCP)/gdm/kdm/xdm.
>>> But I have reached a problem.
>> Sure, you can always send-pr something that bothers you.  In this case
>> though, IMHO, you should wait a bit.
>>
>> Some of the rc.d scripts you listed above have a `REQUIRE: LOGIN' line.
>> This will create a dependency problem if combined with a line that
>> contains `BEFORE: LOGIN', since a script cannot depend on LOGIN to start
>> but start before LOGIN.
>>

> I don't think this may be a REQUIRE issue, but a BEFORE: one

Put all this as far of you mind as you can.

Reading carefully /etc/rc.d/sendmail, I think we need and aditional
'syncpoint' just after or before LOGIN and revise if all that we put in
LOGIN must really be there.

After the xdm experience, I think we need something that we can name as
our near latest rc stage, with just those things that can have race
conditions with our real latest: those things that we launch from init via
/etc/ttys.

--
   josemi