Re: Can't change partition table anymore

From: Dennis Koegel <amf_at_hobbit.neveragain.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:08:06 +0200
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:46:24PM -0500, Reid Linnemann wrote:
> >Today root is Tom, Dick and Harry and they need sensible padding.
>
> Frankly, I feel BSD operators are BSD operators because they
> _want_ the power available, not because it's the new fad OS on the
> block. The audience is more mature, and should be treated as asuch.
> Honestly, I think most BSD operators expect the power of root to be
> undiluted [...]

As campaigning for FreeBSD was a topic recently, I'd like to note the
following: The above was the very reason that brought me from Linux
_to_ BSD. It feels much more grown up, much closer to the engine.
Professionals don't want to be padded by computers.

There's enough padding OSses out there already and GNU/Linux is becoming
worse and worse in that regard. Question is: Does FreeBSD want to go
down that drain as well? Then go and take care of Tom, Dick and Harry.

There's something I call "death by publicity" and a lot of high
quality people, organizations, things, ... went that path already.

- D.