Re: Panic on mount with write-locked USB media (umass)

From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj_at_jennejohn.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:45:33 +0200
Robert Watson writes:
> I wonder if a useful middle ground is to adopt (1) above except in the
> case of perenially read-only file systems (cd9660), in which case (2) is
> adopted?

It sure would be nice if one could mount an ISO-image (vnode-backed md)
RW. This would come in handy if one wanted to modify the image for some
reason and then burn it or, e.g. brandelf some binaries in a Linux ISO
which are needed for installation. At the moment you have to copy it
to a new location.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde