Re: can't build kernel [with CONFIG this time][[[FIXED]]]

From: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:56:40 +1000
On Thu, 2005-Apr-28 12:44:42 -0700, /dev/null wrote:
>Good point(s). I sure wish I could just use 1 giant can capacitor that
>simply fills as required and releases as necessary.

That won't work - there's too much inductance between (and inside) the
giant can capacitor and the electronics.  The bypasses that matter for
logic transitions are the surface-mount chip ceramics that are on the
RAM stick, on the CPU carrier and next to (under) the northbridge.

>simpler. On a sad note, after a long period of usage it still fails. So
>it seems that the new CPU is the culprit (CPU's cache?). Anyway, I might
>disable the CPU's cache in the bios settings and see what happens, while
>I wait for another CPU.

Try under-clocking a bit, or using more conservative memory timings
(especially if you've set you motherboard to "aggressive" timings).

--
Peter Jeremy