Re: "atacontrol info" isn't working here

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:35:41 +0200
Hi,

[ Cc'ing -doc_at_, so I put a little history from the thread in this mail ]

> > >Thanks for your very quick answer.  I will send a patch to make the
> > >manual page more explicit for dumb peoples like me.
> > >
> > Well it took me ten minutes too. Because that one is not obvious at all.
> > But I needed my cdrom (hotswap ide) and did not want to reboot.
>
> I sent in a patch to the man page when this change was committed by sos_at_,
> but the man page has never been updated. I made the mistake of just
> posting and copying sos_at_. I should have put it in a PR.

Kevin, no news since then.  I made a patch for the manpage which is
actually clearly wrong :

%%%
	The channel argument is the number of the ATA channel on
	which to operate.
%%%

The ``channel'' argument is the name of the ata(4) device and not only
its number.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen