HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:21:32 -0800
I've finished the major work of importing cpufreq.  As part of this, the
sysctls for acpi throttling have been removed.  The power_profile script
has been updated, so you can use performance/economy_cpu_freq= in
rc.conf to set AC on/offline cpu frequencies.  The acpi throttling
support has been compiled into acpi_perf.ko so load that to get
throttling.  Do a sysctl dev.cpu to get an understanding of the cpufreq
sysctls.

If you have throttling, please test the new configuration to be sure it
still works as before.  Final upcoming work will be manpage support and
bugfixing as necessary.

I'd also like to issue a call for developers to help by porting older
drivers (like longrun) and out-of-tree new drivers (like powernow-k7/k8
and speedstep-m) to the cpufreq interface.  It's very simple and you
just have to figure out if your driver is absolute or relative, and
convert values to the proper units (percent in hundredths, power in mW,
etc.)  Once that is done, please send me the diff for review before
commit so I can make sure it works properly.

Thanks,
--
Nate