Re: HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:44:35 -0800
Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> I ported Athlon 64's Cool'n'Quiet part of 'acpi_ppc' to the cpufreq
> interface.  This is really quick-and-dirty version (i. e., lots of
> cut-and-paste's from acpi_perf and acpi_ppc) but it seems to work.
> The original driver is available from here:
>
> http://www.spa.is.uec.ac.jp/~nfukuda/software/

Thanks, that's very quick of you.  I want to coordinate with Bruno
Ducrot and his powernow driver to be sure we don't overlap efforts.

In terms of code duplication, I'm working on some changes to acpi_perf
to allow it to be used as a source of information without directly
linking to it.  That would allow powernow and cnq to be truly
standalone.  I'll finish that and then get back to you.

--
Nate