Re: The case for FreeBSD

From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:27:14 -0500
Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Feb 10), Chuck Swiger said:
[ ... ]
>>A good point.  On the other hand, Subversion removes the need to
>>perform network access to do common operations like diff and
>>annotate.  That's invaluable for people who use a laptop while
>>commuting and are w/o network access for a time.
>
> That's what cvsup does, you know :)

You bet.  :-)  But darned few people using CVS seem to use cvsup in the first
place, much less understand cvsup well enough to use it in CVS mode rather
than in checkout mode.

[ I suspect my point is less true for many readers of -current, and more true
anywhere else than on a FreeBSD mailing list. ]

--
-Chuck