Re: The case for FreeBSD

From: Will Andrews <will_at_csociety.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:33:36 -0600
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 01:27:14AM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> You bet.  :-)  But darned few people using CVS seem to use cvsup in the
> first place, much less understand cvsup well enough to use it in CVS mode
> rather than in checkout mode.
>
> [ I suspect my point is less true for many readers of -current, and more
> true anywhere else than on a FreeBSD mailing list. ]

Only in recent times have there been more than one or two anoncvs
mirrors for FreeBSD.  Quite frankly, anoncvs sucks the life out
of the machines it's on.  I encourage people to use cvsup to grab
the repository and do cvs operations locally.  Also, there's
ports/net/cvsup-mirror which makes it a trivial task.. and it's
been around for a long time.

Regards,
--
wca