Re: The case for FreeBSD

From: Fergus Cameron <fergus_at_cobbled.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:05:23 +0000
On 10.02-08:33, Will Andrews wrote:
[ ... ]
> Only in recent times have there been more than one or two anoncvs
> mirrors for FreeBSD.  Quite frankly, anoncvs sucks the life out
> of the machines it's on.  I encourage people to use cvsup to grab
> the repository and do cvs operations locally.  Also, there's
> ports/net/cvsup-mirror which makes it a trivial task.. and it's
> been around for a long time.

i'm pulling down a copy now via cvsup (just removed the tag
line so that part seems pretty simple)

what i need some pointers on is how to integrate this into my
cvs server (which is running).  it all seems OK to just put
the cvsup directly into the local cvs archive as a seperate
directory but since i'm unfamiliar with the details of CVSROOT
i'm worried that this 'dump' will fail or worse make a mess of
the rest of the repository.

can someone confirm for me that simply adding a 'freebsd'
directory and running 'cvsup' into that directory will create
a working repo.?

--
: fergus cameron                : -cameron------------ :
: ^^^^^^_at_cameron-consulting.ie  : ---------consulting- :