Re: 5.4 and USB keyboard support

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:25:19 -0800
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 09:27:37AM +0100, Martin Nilsson wrote:
> I'm having trouble with a Belkin KVM switch that provides keyboard/mouse
> to each server with one USB cable. On 5.3-R this is completely broken,
> on 5.3-STABLE is seems to work OK when booting from a harddrive. When
> PXE booting I don't get any keyboard until i disconnect/reconnect the
> USB cable, then I get a US keyboard layout not the Swedish that I have
> specified in rc.conf.
>
> I haven't tested if USB keybord works when booting from a recent
> snapshot-CD. I'll try to find a separate USB keyboard mouse so I don't
> have to stand in front of noisy 1U servers to debug this.
>
> Can we put this issue on the 5.4 todo so that it gets tested on more
> keyb/KVM/motherbord-BIOS combinations than I have here.

At this point, I wouldn't expect to see any major improvements in
keyboard support for 5.4.  I haven't found time to work on it, and it
doesn't look like any one else has either (though it's possible I'm
wrong, which would be nice :).  There has been a lot of general
improvement in USB support.

-- Brooks