Re: Wi-fi: SMC2532W-B (prism3) Support

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_fxq.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:57:02 +0200
Hello Sam,

* Sam Pierson <samuel.pierson_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Tried 5.3, 6.0-current twice in June and now 6.0-BETA1, and my
> SMC2532W-B card is still unrecognized. A friend bought the card as
> well and was able to make it run under gentoo and it was recognized as
> a prism3 chipset. I've compiled all the intersil and prism related
> drivers into my kernel and tried compiling support under the NDIS
> driver but it still refuses to make it available under ifconfig. Has
> anyone figured out a way to make this work (or can point me to where
> support for general prism3 chipset cards would be)

The wi(4) manual page on my FreeBSD 5.4 box states that Prism3 based
cards are supported. Maybe it's possible that a device id needs to be
added. Could you try adding the device id's yourself? You could dig
around in /sys/dev/wi; the files if_wi.c and if_wireg.h look useful.

That could possibly fix it.

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_fxq.nl>