BTX halted during install

From: Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 04:29:47 +0900
Hi,

I bought new laptop; Panasonic Let's Note CF-R4
(http://panasonic.jp/pc/products/r4g/index.html), and I'm trying to
install FreeBSD in it without any success.
The FreeBSD installer cannot boot at all, and it ends up with BTX
halted before loading kernel.  Perhaps, it occurs during boot2 or
loader.  However, I cannot look at output messages due to endless loop
of output.  So, I cannot identify where it is actually.
I tried CD-ROM of 5.4-RELEASE, 5.3-RELEASE, 5.2-RELEASE, 4.11-RELEASE
and 6.0-CURRENT-SNAP004-i386-disc1.iso.  I also tried boot.flp of
5.4-RELEASE.
I tried several combination of available BIOS settings without any
success.
The installer of NetBSD 2.0.2 can boot just fine, though.
I'm embarrassed.  How can I install FreeBSD into my new laptop?

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO _at_ Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama, Japan
ume_at_mahoroba.org  ume_at_{,jp.}FreeBSD.org