Re: WPA Supplicant doesn't see my SSIDs?

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:21:36 -0700
James Snow wrote:
> Amusing update:
>
> I got wpa_supplicant to put ath0 into an associated state, but the
> moment I send any traffic out over ath0 - e.g., a DHCP request - I'm
> promptly disassociated. wpa_supplicant will try to reconnect, dhclient
> will keep sending out requests, and after a few iterations of this
> process the Cisco Aironets shut off all their wireless networks,
> disconnecting all their clients.
>
> :)
>
> They're Aironet 1200s running c1200-k9w7-tar.123-4.JA if anyone is
> curious.
>
> Given the instability on that side I wouldn't place too much credence in
> any WPA problem reports coming from me for the time being.

Sounds like you're using TKIP and the ap detects MIC errors in the
frames you are sending.  When this happens it is required to enable
countermeasures that include dropping traffic for a period of time.
Check if your station negotiated WME; there have been problems with
using h/w TKIP together with WME that require doing the MIC calculations
in s/w.  The crypto support in current doesn't have all these changes.

If there's no WME negotiated then I'm not sure what to say; TKIP works
fine in both h/w and s/w use in all my testing but I brought in a number
of fixes (some WPA-related) shortly before the freeze.

	Sam