Re: suspend/restore almost works on Sony PCG-GRX570, acpi_video not good

From: George Hartzell <hartzell_at_kestrel.alerce.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:26:14 -0700
George Hartzell writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm working on a Sony PCG-GRX570.
 >
 > I'm working with -CURRENT as of a few days ago.
 >
 > I'm trying to get suspend and resume to work.  S3 suspend and resume
 > work (from X) when I boot off of a Ubuntu Linux 5.04 live CD.
 > [...]

I have some more data.

I updated the bios to the most recent available on the sony web site.
Dumping the acpi info (acpidump -d) only showed one non-trivial
difference.  The new bios didn't improve the situation.

I also noticed that the ASL compiler complained about one line in the
ASL, wanting a ByteAcc when the ASL had an AnyAcc.  I fixed that and
installed the new code.  That didn't improve the situation.

I played around in Ubuntu from the live CD and realized that resume
from X doesn't completely work, the screen's screwed and the
keyboard's dead.  But, if you kill the X server and suspend from the
console it works fine.

I've added the ASL from the new bios and a copy of the dmesg output
for Ubuntu booting, suspending, and resuming to the list of info:

  http://grapeape.alerce.com/KONG

Any insights would be welcome.

g.