Re: devd

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:18:44 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <42B75C7D.2050103_at_criticalmagic.com>
            Richard Coleman <rcoleman_at_criticalmagic.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > devd won't be rewritten to not use C++.  That's a non-option.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Out of curiosity, why is that?  I have nothing against C++, but that
: stance seems surprising.  I have not scanned the tree, but I was under
: the impression that very little of the base system that is written in C++.

Because I wrote it, and I don't like stupid reasons to dictate a
choice of language.  It will remain C++ because I'm a grumpy old man,
and I feel that rewriting it to get around the bogosities of the build
system is wrong headed.

Warner