NDISulator problem

From: Bryan Maynard <bryan.maynard_at_reallm.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:10:27 -0500
I followed the steps listed <a
href="http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/ndis.txt">here</a> and got this message when
compiling the ndis code (step 2):

Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis

Everything seems to compile and install fine except for that error. I complete
the rest of the steps and try to kldload ndis and if_ndis. However,
once I load
ndis I get this:

kldload: can't load if_ndis:File exists

Also, I can't ifconfig the ndis0 device because I get an error telling me it
doesn't exist. Once ndis is loaded via kldload, I cannot unload it. I get a
"Device busy" error. I get this error whether the card is plugged in or not.

After loading ndis if I plug my WPC11 card in I get:

cardbus1: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

I am running 5.4 with the GENERIC kernel.

I am completely stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bryan
--
Open Source: by the people, for the people.