Re: Doxygen docu for parts of the FreeBSD kernel

From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:49:41 +0100
On 29 Mar 2005, at 14:36, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com> wrote:
>
>> You could also take a look at /usr/src/sys/doc/{Makefile,Doxyfile}
>> which already generates docs for the kernel...
>
> I didn't knowed about it. What about
>  - "doxygen -u"?

That would end  up modifying Doxyfile every time you ran it? I would
prefer that the thing worked with a read-only source tree (possibly
with an option for upgrading when you really intend it).

>  - making the doxygen documentation available on our web pages?

I don't know any of the people responsible for the FreeBSD web site. It
would be nice to include an 'annotated kernel' on the website

>  - defining __FreeBSD__ to 6?

This should change. I did the thing last year while current was still
5-current.

> It's nice if you want the complete picture, but if you're only
> interested in
> a part of the kernel it needs a lot of time to generate the docs
> (compared
> to my modular aproach).

I haven't had a chance to look at your version yet. At work we use
doxygen on a large modular project and the tag-file feature works
really well for binding the various module's documentation together.

> I've incorporated your *_if.m part (with some modifications), I will
> make it
> available from my website at the weekend when I'm back home (or per
> mail on
> request).

You are welcome!