Re: ACPI errors with recent laptop

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:24:41 +0200
Bruno,

> The patch attached allow to compile at least and will correct the problem
> you encounter.  There is 3 warnings still but there should be harmless (one
> is related to video switching, the others to a docking station
> apparently, so if you have trouble with those, please report).

Thanks for your patch, it removed all warnings.  However, it did just
that, since I can't access hw.acpi.battery.life and hw.acpi.battery.time,
they are just both set to the famous "Zero" :-).  I have to say this is
quite boring for a laptop, I would have prefered not being able to
get the temperature, for example.  The BIOS is quite old (the boot screen
displays 2003), but the manufacturer doesn't provide any BIOS upgrade
on their website ATM.  Since this is a new special model reserved for
promotions, I still hope they will provide an upgrade soon.

Thanks again.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen