Re: keyboard mux driver (straw man proposal & code)

From: Alexandre \ <Alex.Kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:05:56 -0400
On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 10:24 -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Alexandre,
<SNIP>
> > -- "Caps lock" would capitalize main keyboard (there are no letters on
> > the keypad).
>
> "caps lock" on keypad or main keyboard? i'm not sure i understand the
> problem.
Sorry for not being clear -- it was mere statement of fact, not report
of the problem. I guess, it should have said: ...despite LED not being
lit, "caps lock" did capitalize keys on the main keyboard. Keypad does
not have "caps lock" or "num lock".

> > -- "Num lock" would switch keypad into numeric mode, but leave main
> > keyboard alone (as it is the case with laptop keyboards it has
> > sprinkling of numerals on the right side overlapping letters).
>
> again "num lock" on keypad or main keyboard?
"Num lock" on the main keyboard (keypad does not have one) switches
*keypad* into numeric mode leaving main keyboard in alpha -- main
keyboard does not really have a numeric part -- it overlaps some of the
alpha keys.
> thanks again for trying this and reporting the problems. i will try to
> get myself a couple of usb keyboards and reproduce/fix the problems.
If you are in or somewhere near :) continental US, send me your address
in the private mail -- I'll ship you that keypad.

> thanks,
> max
Thank you,
--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)