Re: 7-CURRENT-SNAP009-i386-bootonly.iso on Shuttle XPC w/ AMD X2 (was Re: Side note on Shuttle XPC)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon_at_apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:18:55 -0800 (PST)
:So the amd64 snapshot didn't boot but the i386 one did?  Interesting.
:Thanks a lot for investigating this.
:
:Scott

    Yup.  My guess is that the 64-bit boot issue that early in the boot
    sequence is something stupid simple.  It looks it from the consistency
    of the crash.

    I'm going to leave FreeBSD-HEAD installed on the box for the next
    two or three months to run some comparative tests (with WITNESS turned
    off of course), and to work on an ACPI link code port to DragonFly.
    During that period I am happy to run test kernels for people working on
    AMD/64-bit, ACPI, or NVE related work.  All that is required is that
    you email me a 'fetch' line to retrieve a tar of the /boot/kernel
    tree you want me to test, or that you email me the 'fetch' line to
    retrieve e.g. a bootonly or disc1 ISO that you want me to boot the box
    with to see how far it gets.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon_at_backplane.com>