Re: Reboot hang in 6.0

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:53:03 +1300
Evgeny Piven wrote:
> When trying to reboot my newly updated 6.0-RC1 machine (updated from
> 5.4-RELEASE), my machine hangs during the reboot.
> This issue has apparently come up before, but never really had a clean
> fix (correct me if I'm wrong).
>  From what I've read, the quick fix for this would be turning on USB
> support in BIOS, though this didn't help in my case.
> Basically the hang happens right after the "Uptime: " message is
> displayed and then the machine just sits there and does nothing. From
> what I've read, this might have something to do with ACPI support.

Looks like you have run into a new variant of the issue :-)

The previous stuff seems to have been tied to USB and (in my case) SMP.

Does disabling (or enabling) ACPI make any difference?

In any case, it might be worth setting 'hw.pci.enable_io_modes=0' in
/boot/loader.conf and seeing if it makes any difference.

best wishes

Mark