ifconfig ndis0 up scan hangs

From: Ben Kaduk <minimarmot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:36:54 -0500
Hi all -- this is just a preliminary report to check that I'm not trying to
do something stupid before I put more effort into tracking this down:
On a current from about two weeks ago, if I issue a:
# ifconfig ndis0 down
# ifconfig ndis0 up scan

ifconfig will hang.
I'm using a broadcom card (dell truemobile 1400), and I've had problems with
this access point in the past -- windows only finds it about half the time,
and I've only seen it show up once in FreeBSD, that being tonight. When I
tried to associate with it and execute dhclient, though, my system hung hard
(no caps lock) and I was in X, so no debugger either (last xconsole event
was "ndis0: link down"). Since I can't see the AP anymore, I can't really
repeat that, though.
Am I trying to do something silly, does anyone care about this, or should I
just let it slide and workaround?

Thanks

Ben Kaduk