Re: ifconfig ndis0 up scan hangs

From: Beecher Rintoul <akbeech_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:07:37 -0800
On Sunday 25 September 2005 02:36 pm, Ben Kaduk wrote:
> Hi all -- this is just a preliminary report to check that I'm not trying to
> do something stupid before I put more effort into tracking this down:
> On a current from about two weeks ago, if I issue a:
> # ifconfig ndis0 down
> # ifconfig ndis0 up scan
>
> ifconfig will hang.
> I'm using a broadcom card (dell truemobile 1400), and I've had problems
> with this access point in the past -- windows only finds it about half the
> time, and I've only seen it show up once in FreeBSD, that being tonight.
> When I tried to associate with it and execute dhclient, though, my system
> hung hard (no caps lock) and I was in X, so no debugger either (last
> xconsole event was "ndis0: link down"). Since I can't see the AP anymore, I
> can't really repeat that, though.
> Am I trying to do something silly, does anyone care about this, or should I
> just let it slide and workaround?

I have the same problem on 2 different boxes running ndis and D-Link AG-350
cards. Hangs the shell and I have to reboot to get wifi working again.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech_at_gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \