Re: [brooks_at_FreeBSD.ORG: [src] cvs commit: src/etc pccard_ether]

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_BSDIMP.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:14:17 -0600 (MDT)
> I've just committed the following change to /etc/pccard_ether.  I think
> it's the right solution, but I'm concerned it may cause problems with
> drivers that incorrectly frob the IFF_UP flag themselves.  If so it may
> be nessicary to revert this change temporarily or at least not MFC it.

This change converts the "I already have an address" check to be a
"I'm up" which are two different things.  dhclient leaves the
interface up when it exits, even if it can't get an address.  I think
that might cause a lot of problems for people.  I originally had this
test in pccard_ether, but changed it to checking for netmask because
roving from network to network didn't work without it on my laptop
with multiple network interfaces.

I think it will have issues on more than just these naughty drivers.

Warner