Re: [HEADS UP]: OpenLDAP+nss_ldap+nss_modules separated patch and more (SoC)

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:04:12 -0700
John Baldwin wrote:

>On Saturday 26 August 2006 01:00, Robert Watson wrote:
>

>Agreed.  I also think LDAP would be a very useful thing to add.  I know that
>I currently use NIS/yp because it just works and is integrated into the base,
>etc.  I think adding LDAP as the logical successor to NIS/yp would be a good
>thing.

I agree with John. Historically things have moved to the base system
when they
have reached some amount of public use, and they have been needed for a
large number
of othre parts.. e.g. SSL.

I think that LDAP has reached this point (in fact did so many several
years ago)
and having a standard ldap implementation in the base system allows us
to make
FreeBSD machien splay better in many environments.

It can always be removed for 'small' systems but I think that having the
ability to exist in
ldap envrinments by default is getting more and more important.