Re: Am I an Idiot?

From: David Stanford <dthomas53_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:23:12 -0500
On 12/9/06, David Nugent <davidn_at_datalinktech.com.au> wrote:

> David Stanford wrote:
> > This is a somewhat OT question, but what needs to be done to turn off
> > the on-by-default debugging features when running -CURRENT?
> Don't use WITNESS, INVARIANTS and associated options in your kernel
> configuration. These enable the debugging features.

It was my assumption to simply remove this entire section to disable
debugging:

=====================
# Debugging for use in -current
options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.
options         DDB                     # Support DDB.
options         GDB                     # Support remote GDB.
options         INVARIANTS              # Enable calls of extra sanity
checking
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT       # Extra sanity checks of internal
structures, required by INVARIANTS
options         WITNESS                 # Enable checks to detect deadlocks
and cycles
options         WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        # Don't run witness on spinlocks for
speed

Correct?

-David
--
[root_at_fbsd ~]# fortune
Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion.