Re: Updating ncurses in base

From: J.R. Oldroyd <fbsd_at_opal.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:16:40 -0400
On Jun 09, 22:06, Rong-en Fan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may know, the current ncurses in the base system is rather old
> (it is 4 years old). I have been working on updating ncurses to the latest
> version 5.5 and enable wide character as default. I have put the
> description,
> goal, issues, current status, and tarball for test at the following URL:
>
> http://www.rafan.org/FreeBSD/ncurses/

I have some notes about Unicode support on FreeBSD here:

http://opal.com/freebsd/unicode.html

put together about 9-12 months or so ago.  Those notes discuss
how to enable wide-character support for various libraries, system
tools and ports.

Any work to make the base ncurses have wide-character support
will simplify life a lot as this stuff needs to be redone after
every system or ports upgrade.

	-jr