skype (Was: Re: flash and firefox)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:54:41 +0100
Graham Todd <gtodd_at_bellanet.org> wrote:

> One other compat application that rarely works correctly on FreeBSD for
> me is Skype. It could be a problem between screen and chair of course,
> but if anyone with a working setup for these apps has thoroughly
> documented how they did things, I'd gladly RTFM :)

Which FreeBSD version, which sound driver, which problems?

If you experience "strange sound" problems, and you don't use a recent
RELENG_6 or -current ("recent" as in "with the improved sound system as of
2-4 months ago"): upgrade to RELENG_6 or a recent -current.

If you have a recent RELENG_6 or -current and still experience strange sound
problems, please tell us on multimedia_at_ which soundcard you use and which
strange sound problems you have.

Bye,
Alexander.

--