Re: [patch] new moused and psm patchset

From: Rong-en Fan <grafan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:47:31 -0400
On 5/7/06, Jordan Sissel <psionic_at_csh.rit.edu> wrote:
> I know the code violates some of style(9), these will be fixed soon.
>
> I need testers' and developers' help. I'm willing to code whatever folks
> want to see in this new system, I just need to know what you want.
>
> Testers: Tell me if it works or breaks and what mice you want supported.

I'm running this with my ThinkPad X31 (recently current), dmesg shows:

psm0: unable to allocate IRQ
psmcpnp0: <PS/2 mouse port> irq 12 on acpi0
psm0: current command byte:0047
psm0: <(new) PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: attached

And I have to manually start moused by

# moused -m generic -d /dev/psm0 -U 6 -V

Both console and X.org mouse works well except there is no horizontal
virtual scrolling :)

The new moused's synopsis is a bit different from the current one.
Can we use the same options so that /etc/rc.d/moused can start
it with some tweaks in rc.conf? That will be nice.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan