Re: [patch] new moused and psm patchset

From: Peter Carah <pete_at_altadena.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:04:48 -0400
Jordan Sissel wrote:
> I need some folks to test and criticize my work thus far for a
> replacement mouse input system.

I fixed this to apply to 6-stable with only a little trouble (I have a laptop
with synaptics pad that is unpleasant to use with the current driver...)
Once I figured out that I needed TWO modules (synaptics and sysmouse) in
moused, and modified /etc/rc.d/moused to not use incompatible args - the other
guy's reply about ignoring -p and such DO matter :-) things worked pretty well.
 Thunderbird will not extend a selection and PAN has trouble with scroll bars
in very full newsgroups.

I can try to get a 6.x version of the patchset; AFAIK the main work that
remains all goes into moused...

style(9), Giant aren't my department (yet).
My kernel-fu is weak too :-( (though I have to do some kernel tweaks for linux
at work in the next week or so; it may get better.)

I can use the uhid driver too (laptop doesn't have an external ps2 connector).

The alps pad is very common.  Fortunately most pads should at least work with
generic.