Re: Intel DG965SS MB ?

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_deepcore.dk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:46:46 +0200
Mike Tancsa wrote:
> Has anyone got this motherboard to work with FreeBSD ?  I tried
> fiddling with the BIOS but no matter what, 6.2Beta does not see the
> ad0 (PATA drive) nor ad4 (SATA drive)... It never sees the drive,
> although it does see the controller as a generic IDE controller
>
> The intel product code is BOXDG965SSCK
>
> Does this motherboard work in 7.x ?
Dont know that exact board,but the Gigabyte 965P- DS3 I've got here with
the same chipset works fine.
The SATA ports on the ICH8 are fully supported and should work on any board.
However the ICH8 has *no* PATA port, so the PATA port on mine is a
JMicron chip which we support including its extra 2 SATA ports.
Some Intel boards use Marvell chips that should work as generic but
early reports seems to indicate that is not the case.

-Søren