Re: Do we need this junk?

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 15:19:01 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <ef10de9a0704061136s2dc35c06w431d6d3f8c05dc1_at_mail.gmail.com>
            "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton_at_gmail.com> writes:
: Where is this coming from? I'm trying to debate some of the issues
: with FreeBSD and the only thing you've added to this thread is fuck
: off? Why?

Because you have used language that is somewhat absolute and have not
done a market research on who actually uses FreeBSD.  You have also
shown a fundamental lack of understanding of how modern machines are
put together as well, since you think all things ISA are obsolete
(they are not).

As others have noted, there's a very large and vibrant embedded
FreeBSD community.  This community makes real and meaningful
contributions to FreeBSD.  Over the years, I've made thousands of
commits to the tree, funded in large part by the embedded companies
that I have worked for, including CardBus, PC Card, SD/MMC,
infrasturcutre changes, etc.

Frankly, we'd rather tell a new, upstart to get bent than to tell
actual users and supports of FreeBSD to get bent by removing the
offending items from the tree.  It really is a no-brainer.

Warner