Re: anyone have experience with HighPoint RocketRaid 2340 + zfs?

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:47:26 +0100
If your looking for an SATA card with good FreeBSD support and good
performance I can recommend the Areca ones. Not the cheapest on
the market but good. I've used the Highpoint 1820a in the past and
once the driver was fixed its proved reliable.

That might have been a different story had it been a precompiled
kernel module so I would personally stay clear of the any card
with that.

    Regards
    Steve