nfe(4) not working on asus m2n32sli-deluxe

From: Mario Ferreira <liouxbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:58:54 -0300
Hi,

  I tried installing FreeBSD 7.0-Current 200708 i386 snapshot on a
asus m2n32sli-deluxe wifi edition but I had some issues:

 1) on board wlan adapter RTL8187_Wireless not supported
 2) on board lan adapter NForce 590 SLI MCP does not work

  The lack of support for RTL8187_Wireless is not a problem for now.
However, the NForce 590 SLI MCP Gigabit adapter is an issue.

  The nfe(4) driver detects the network carrier but it never ever
detects the media settings. I tried hand setting media/mediaopt but it
did not help.

media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
status: active

  Any suggestions? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

  Regards,

- Asus m2n32sli deluxe wifi edition
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1163&l1=3&l2=101&l3=0

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
FreeBSD Committer | FreeBSD-KDE Core Team | C/C++/Java Developer