Re: nfe busted on 7.0-BETA4

From: Support (Rudy) <"Support>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 16:48:38 -0800
Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
>  > I compiled the nfe as a MODULE so I could kldunload it and load up the nve
>  > -- if the patch didn't work.  So, I added if_nfe_load to my
>  > /boot/loader.conf.  Following my plan, I ran kldunload if_nfe... BUT!  the
>  > module was automatically reloaded AND started to work properly.  Hmmm....
>
> It's confusing. Does it mean the patch fixed the issue?
> Are you sure the nfe(4) kernel module used at boot is patched nfe(4)?

Yes.  Patched, rebuilt everything (so as to take nfe out of the kernel).

I turned on the computer this morning (having changed nothing since
yesterday when I made nfe a MODULE and added if_nfe_load=YES to my
loader.conf) and the errors were not there.  unreproducible bugs are a
drag... will see if it crops up again.

Rudy