Re: 7.0beta3 Installation problem

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:53:39 +0100
"Michael W. Lucas" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Every key press in the FDISK menu displays the incorrect geometry
> message.  For example:
>
> Downloaded 7.0-BETA3-amd64-disc1.iso from ftp.freebsd.org a couple days ago.
>
> Select country -> USA
>
> Select either Express or Custom install.  In this example, I chose
> Express.
>
> Select Partition.
>
> Get incorrect geometry message, hit ENTER.
>
> See FDISK menu.
>
> Hit up arrow.
>
> See incorrect geometry message again, hit ENTER.
>
> See FDISK again, with selection moved up 1.  Hit up arrow again.
>
> See incorrect geometry message again, hit ENTER.
>
> Should I open a PR, or is this known?
>
> Thanks,

Did you try key 3 = Safe Boot ? (in 10 second timeout before selecting
USA etc).  Some old laptops fail to read fdisk properly without it,
eg my Digital with 7.0-BETA3-i386-disc1.iso,
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/digital/
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/#loader.conf
Though as I see you are using amd*iso I guess you should have a Lot newer
ATA interafce than my old 586.

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.