Re: FreeBSD 7 trivial problems / notes

From: Reko Turja <reko.turja_at_liukuma.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:19:08 +0200
>> > =>  SCTP depends on IPv6
>> >
>> >     This is clearly documented in NOTES.  I don't think it should
>> > count
>> >     as a surprising fact.
>>
>> I know it's in the NOTES - I've added it when it bit me since I
>> didn't
>> read the notes. Maybe I'll remove it.
>
> If it bit you, an experienced FreeBSD developer, it can bite others
> too.
> Let's work with re_at_ to get it in the release notes, if it's not
> already
> there (instead of deleting it from the list) :-)

> My last CVSup is from Wed Dec 05 19:32:59 2007 +0000 (right before I
> started preparing for Friday's FreeBSD talk at a nearby university),
> so I'll CVSup again tomorrow morning, and check how we can fit this
> into
> the release notes in a nice, non-intrusive but still useful manner.

How about making a comment about the requirement in the GENERIC
config file, in a manner used for device 'ed' or  device 'sbp' for
example?

options         INET6                   # IPv6 communications
protocols
options         SCTP                    # Stream Control Transmission
Protocol
                                                  # SCTP requires
'options INET6'
options         FFS

Or are the comments about in requirement at 'GENERIC' phased out?

-Reko