Re: amd64 NVIDIA support in FreeBSD 7

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:02:31 +0100
Quoting Marian Hettwer <mh_at_kernel32.de> (from Tue, 18 Dec 2007
12:10:56 +0100):

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:37:07 +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> wrote:
>> "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman_at_gmail.com> writes:
>>> I wonder if having a petition signed by a bunch of people would help
>>> this along, because I believe that amd64 3D accel on nvidia, is life
>>> or death to PC-BSD in a year or so.
>>
>> What, exactly, do you think a petition would achieve?  Can a petition
>> write code?  Can a petition pay somebody to write code?  Petitions may
>> work in a democracy, but neither nVidia nor FreeBSD is a democracy.
>>
> While this is true (by the way, what is FreeBSD? nVidia is a
> corporation, therefor not a democracy, but what is FreeBSD?), at
> least a petition could show how many users would like to have amd64
> nvidia support for FreeBSD.

More or less they know already. Just have a look at the nVidia forum
and count the messages there.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY is CRYING for an END to BURT REYNOLDS movies!!

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137