Re: FreeBSD on intel Mac

From: Markus Boelter <m_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:05:51 +0200
Hi!

> Boot Camp seems to be a marketing term, I still haven't figured out
> what various people mean when they use the term.  Is it the assistant?
> The windows driver CD?

As far as I know, Boot Camp places also some code as EFI payload (hopefully
this is the right term) that implements some BIOS calls and BIOS interrupts
that software like Windows uses during its boot process. Vven WinXP still uses
some of the 16 Bit BIOS calls during startup.

Of course is Boot Camp also a set of drivers for various hardware for the
Macs and also the assistent.

Cheers!
  Markus

--