ipw status (was: wireless)

From: Nicolai Petri (lists) <"Nicolai>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:37:26 +0200
Andrew Thompson wrote:

>> Are there any news on this matter ? We are now 1 month closer to beta
>> and ipw is still useless. I'm willing to test if anyone have patches but
>> I don't have time to look at code myself.
>
> You can test this WIP.
>
> cheers,
> Andrew

Hi Andrew

This is definately a step in the right direction.. This mail is sent
over my ipw card which haven't been used for a month :)

My initial tests shows 2 things :

1) Firmware fails to load automatically

2) After a random period of a couple of minutes and more I get
disconnected and a ifconfig ipw0 down up fixes it.

I'm running 802.11b on an open accesspoint with no encryption.

cheers,
Nicolai