Re: /usr/share/man/man8/MAKEDEV.8

From: Andrew Lankford <lankfordandrew_at_charter.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 13:48:54 -0400
Sounds good, but what about:

   1) adding rm /usr/share/man/ to the appropriate Makefile(s).  Is the
issue the possibility of mucking up any port or third party app that
also writes to /usr/share/man?

   2) getting rid of catman and forcing man to generate a new one from
scratch each time instead of filling up /usr/share/man/cat* with stale
files.  Is this going to be a big drain on a p4-era pc compared to
something like another periodic.conf script?

or

   3) A compile or run-time option that disables catman as described
above.  If I knew of one, I'd enable it without a second thought on my
cutting edge  p3 desktop :)