ZFS -> samba directory quirk

From: Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_fusiongol.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:13:57 +0900
I'm not sure if I'm the only one seeing this, but I have a ZFS-samba set
up between my FreeBSD7-BETA2 test machine and a Windows XP box. The
samba install is from ports and is the latest version (it is patched for
zfs I believe).

On occasion I will find that directory information sometimes goes funky
when coming out on the Windows XP side. On one occasion, files that
*should* have been in the directory didn't show up in Windows, and on
one occasion, a filename for a particular file appeared *twice* (and
deleting it deleted both instances!). A refresh of the directory in
Windows seemed to fix this quirk temporarily.

Of course, everything looks normal on the FreeBSD ZFS side, so I'm
inclined to point the finger at samba doing something weird with ZFS.